Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Brows

Dilemma! Oh do I have Dilemma!

When I took the Littles to preschool YESTERDAY morning .... almost twenty-four hours ago, I whipped by my "Beauty-tician" and got my eyebrows waxed. They are now gorgeous little brows with a perfect little arch in the middle.

I just have to change the subject and comment on how I hold my breath, grit my teeth and grip the chair arms until my fingers bleed when I know that she is going to rip the skin off my face about four times. So how in the heck do those of you that do, do Bikini waxes?? If you do .... you are a brave brave woman! Talk about guts and glory!

Okay ... on with my story. Gone, is the wild forest of my uni-brow and those scraggly gray wires that curled up and sprung out across the middle of my forehead. Well, they really weren't that bad .... but almost! But it sounded good didn't it?!

Now for the dilemma part. By last night my entire forehead, eyebrows, eyelids and top of my nose turned bright red and was whelped up and swollen. Any of you ever been there??? It ain't pretty.

Juli's wedding is in two days and I have a big problem. I'm the MOB (Mother of the Bride) and I have to fix this. Last night because I'm such a good Mother and put all medications up out of the reach of my children and I couldn't find the Hydrocortisone cream .... I smeared Desitin diaper rash cream across my face. It didn't work.

I'm thinking here's my choices:

1. Duct tape it and hide it

2. Write on my forehead ... "hehehe ... I screwed up didn't I?"

3. Pretend: I don't have a clue what you're talking about! My eyes are almost swollen shut??! Are you serious???!! You're kidding meeeee!

4. Walk down the aisle backwards.

What would you do? I'm desperate for some help here. HELP!!