Wednesday, November 21, 2007

~ Things for Which I'm Thankful ~

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I thought I'd list a few things that are really important to me in my life. This walk of life I was given. Von and I, we're in this journey of raising these kids all by our selves. Being "antique parents", everyone else in our family is "antique" too. My older kids have kids, and are busy with work and their lives, and I live away from my family. Not far, just under an hour, but with three young preschoolers, it's hard to go home. We really don't have a babysitter and we pretty much manage by ourselves, and do our best to change schedules around to make it happen. Occasionally we ask MM's sister to help a bit, and she does when she can. Life is hectic. We're beyond tired, but I wouldn't trade this for the world, and for that I am thankful.

Tomorrow, I'm going home for Thanksgiving. I've always cooked and tomorrow I'm not cooking one thing. I'm going to my Mother's and my whole family will be there. It's been six long years since I've had Thanksgiving dinner with my Mother, my sister's and my brother. All of our kids will be there. It will be a houseful. Loud and noisy and lots of kids. There is a lot of us, and it will be fun to get together. We'll take pictures, play games and just talk. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. On top of that, my Dad and my Step-Mother will be there. I'm blessed with two sets of parents that get along great.

Here are a few things that I think about often, and that I'm very thankful for:

  • All of my children. That I'm loved and needed, and they are so healthy, and they have good lives.
  • My Parents. That they are still here with us and are healthy, and we're able to be together on holidays, and that I can pick up the phone and call them anytime.
  • My Husband. He is so good to me. He is a wonderful Father, and he has blessed me more than he will ever know.
  • My Job. I have a great job. I work with a great bunch of people. I never knew that jobs like mine existed, that everyone gets along and it's fun.
  • Me. I'm thankful for Me. That I'm healthy. That God gave me these children to parent and raise and love, for my children that are grown and for the three that I will raise. Sometimes I know that he has more faith in me than I have in myself.
  • My home. I love living out here on this farm. I see it as a opportunity and I see life down my road through rose colored glasses, and the view I see is beautiful.
  • My Gifts. The gift of being big hearted and always putting others before me, and the gift that God gave me, my faith and my spirit.

I'd like you to share the blessings in your life and for what you're thankful. Sit back, close your eyes for just a few seconds and let me know what you see on that list behind your eyes. Sometimes, writing it down brings a whole new light to those thoughts in our heads. What are you thankful for?

Be Blessed Everyone and have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!