Friday, February 22, 2008

Ice Again

Again, we got pelted by freezing ice balls yesterday, then rain ... and yes, it froze. ... and my internet satellite had ice balls on the antenna and I cried.

This is the second time in a week that we've been slammed with a ice storm. ... and this is the second time in a week that I talked Marlboro Man into climbing onto the roof and pouring hot water on that little antenna that sticks out. The one that was coated with one-half inch of ice.

As he was climbing the ice covered ladder with his little blue bucket of hot water, I had a little bit of a twinge of guilt .... and I almost panicked thinking he might fall off the slick roof. Then I worried that I would have to get my coat and shoes on, and go out into the cold and rescue him. Then I worried that I might bust my butt if I had to go out there. Then I quickly got over it, and patiently waited until he de-iced me.

I did pray for him though. I prayed that he would make it back in one piece and I wouldn't have to go outside in the cold.

Through out all this .... MM only had one request. Well, it really was a threat. He said that if I took his picture while he was on the icy roof doing something that stupid, he wouldn't de-ice me, and I wouldn't have my internet connection for a long long time.

But he didn't say a thing about writing about it!

Be Blessed Everyone.