Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bee Stings


Cute little guy huh? He might be, but his real life cohorts aren't so cute.

Yesterday evening when I got home, it was so hot we decided to play in the water hose and fill up the pool for the Little's. When suddenly, a swarm of Wasps attacked Meg and stung her multiples times.

They literally attacked her, and only her. She was stung on her face, chest, arms and legs. Needless to say, after a visit to the Emergency room and a shot in the leg of Decadron, all turned out well for her. Thank goodness, to be stung that many times, it was her first sting ... the second sting is usually the worst because your body has built up proteins that cause a worse reaction.

As we were getting ready to leave for the hospital, I had to go back out onto the porch to get the boys shoes, and the nasty little critters stung my hand in several places, got my ankle and my arm. I think for some reason those bees have it in for us! Ouch.

So this morning, Marlboro Man is out there armed with a garden hose, a can of Hornet spray and has on a coat! Should I take a picture???

Be Blessed Everyone.
**Added** - The Bee's are gone. All three nests of them under the porch!