Friday, December 19, 2008

Flipped the Switch ... We have Lights

We have lights on the house!  Hooray for MM!  I want everyone to now stop reading and give him a hand. 

Now for the nitty gritty .... they didn't work.  I came in a little bit ago to find MM on the living room floor with about 6 strings of lights for the front porch.  One big tangled mess.  I couldn't help but ask him where he got them (I already knew).

Before I go any further, I need to tell you that I had gone to Target yesterday and bought new lights for the house, and they're in a sack on the back porch.

He told me that he got them out of the box of Christmas stuff that we had in storage.  The box marked "Extra Stuff."  The box that had all the extra stuff that didn't work.  That box.  He had to move the box that was marked, "Lights for the Porch."

So what was he doing on the floor with all those strings around him????  He  was replacing lights and fixing each string ....   Man, he has stamina .... and the patience of a Saint.  I could never do that ... and I applaud him!

So now ... we're one step closer to Christmas and in the morning we're putting up our Christmas tree.  A small one ... one that was MM's Mothers.  It's sitting in her house all in one piece with a very large bag over it.  All I have to too is shake it a bit and  .... D.E.C.O.R.A.T.E.!  It's so much smaller than our ginormous thing, and it's also the tree we used the first Christmas the kids were here, and their second year too.  Big tree + triplets = Disaster!  Plus, it was Mom's ... and I like that.  She would too if she could tell me.

I'll post some pictures of our tree decorating adventure tomorrow!