Monday, June 22, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

Yes, we Ditched the Kids for Vegas. Last weekend I flew to Vegas to meet up with these ladies. It was wonderful to put voices, personalities and faces together, and I can't wait to see them all again next year on our "Back-To-Us" vacation. We came from coast to coast and you would never have thought that it was the first time that we all met up together.
Over the past three years, some of us that live close have met ... and others have traveled short distances to meet .... but this trip was for all of us to be together, and I am so happy that I went.
Having triplets brought us together. Being Mother's of Multiples and friends has kept us together. Over the past several years, we all ended up in an online triplet group, and our friendship grew.
Over the past several years we've experienced great support from one another. We've experienced heartache with losses of children, and we've rallied for each other through the tough times, and we've experienced miracles. ... and we've grown close. I'm proud to call these ladies my friends, and I love them.
I learned a lot from these women and I want to thank them for being who they are, and for being my friend.
Tanya M: I almost feel like your sister. We've had so many spontaneous and late night phone conversations. You were everything I thought you were. You're funny and witty and so full of life. I already knew you long before we met :)
June: It was great to share a room with you. You too, I felt like I knew so well. I envy your energy and your ability to keep it all together. Maybe someday I can be more like you and just go, do, and enjoy!
Sheri: Wow! What can I say ... you kept us all in order, and you are such a lady. I admire your faith. I can't wait until October when I come to Michigan and get to see you again.
Mandy: You have spunk Woman! I bet you could conquer the world in the very nicest way and still be so gracious. I'm in awe. I'm so glad we got to meet.
Sheryl: YOU. Surprised me. But what a very very nice surprise. I love your laugh and the fun that you ooze. Don't ever say that I didn't give you anything .... (it's a secret, right?)
Chris: You are a true Teacher and Leader. I have to say, you are so thoughtful, and your heart is as big as California. You keep us together.
Tracy: Oh Tracy! You sparkle and bubble .... and I love it! I'm still hearing your laughter, and I smile with the memories of our great weekend.
Eve: You are funny ... and so much fun to be around. You and your high heels! I'd have a broken neck if I tried to wear them ... and you just looked so beautiful in them .... and your red dress! Mario knows a good thing doesn't he?
Pam: In you, I have met a lifelong friend. Thank you for encouraging me. You are a very brave Woman that can move mountains with your faith. What a wonderful gift to have in life. You are so blessed!
Tanya B: It was great to meet you .... but I have to laugh when I think of you. You were MIA. A lot. I wish I had your indepence. I have no sense of direction .... I could never find myself around like you did, especially in Vegas.
Angela: You are drop dead gorgeous! How do you do it? I know, I know ... you have liquids! (makeup) ... but you really don't need any. At all. But mainly .... you're just as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. I'm so glad we got to meet.
Karen: You are the sweetest person I think I've met in a long time, and it was so wonderful to meet up in Chicago and fly into Vegas together. You are exactly as I had thought you would be. Honest and genuine. I can't wait to meet up again. I pray for your little angel Lauren, and I pray that your heartache eases, and that she'll always send you butterflies from Heaven.
Sabrina: What can I say that you don't already know. YOU, my friend, have a BIG BIG heart. It was the most wonderful feeling to hug you in person. It was hardest to say goodbye to you, but I know we'll meet up again next year. God put you in our triplet group for a reason, even though you have Quintuplets. He put us in your path to lift you up and help you, with love and friendship. I can't even imagine the pain of losing your three boys, but know that I will always be here for you when you need me. I also pray that God keeps Curt safe while he's deployed and this next year just whizzes by until he is back home with you and the girls.
Judy and Wedad: I wish you could have come too! You were there in our hearts. I know it's hard to make doable when you live on the other side of the world ... but maybe next year. (wishing).
Viva Las Vegas Ladies .... it was wonderful!
Love,
Tan