Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

June 21, 2009


Dear Von,

Happy Father’s Day! No card that I found said the things I want to tell you.

First of all, I want you to know that I have never been happier in my life, and I thank God every day that you found me. Every night before I go to sleep I pray for God to keep you safe and let us live a long life together.

Having these kids with you, and you being their Father has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Of course, it doesn’t mean that I love them more than my older four, I don’t, but raising them with you is wonderful, and I know that with you, I am a better Mother.

As the years have gone by, I see that we are settling into a life that at one time I didn’t know if it would work. In the short time of eight years that we’ve been together, we been through a lot of heartache and in the end, we have found a tremendous amount of joy, and I am at peace with my life with you.

I wanted to tell you in my words that I love you. I love you for being the person and Father that you are, for having so much more wisdom and patience than I have ever had. Mainly, I want to thank you for all that you’ve taught me in our marriage and for all that is yet to come as we raise these children.  I am blessed to call you my husband, and you their Father.

I love you,

Tan