Monday, May 28, 2007

All About Sam

Samuel Von
SAM is so very special to me! Not because he is the very last child I'll ever have or not because he is so darn cute and so darn funny at times. Not because he thinks everything is his or not because he's a triplet.
Of course I love him equally the same as my six other kids ... but Sam is so deep.
I know with every ounce of my being that Sam personally knows God. There is a song that I hummed to Sam when he was in NICU on a vent and when he was so sick that he almost didn't survive. I would pray for him and barely touch his arm and quietly hum the song Step by Step. He remembers that song. I've written about this before, but this evening ... I played a Praise Baby DVD with the song Step by Step on it. Again, like Sam does every time he hears it ... he stops what he is doing and slowly walks to the TV. He then came over to me and stood between my legs. I reached down and held his hand and ask him if he knew God. Sam said, "yes!" I believe with all my heart and soul that Sam knew exactly what I was asking him and he knows exactly who God is. I ask him if he remembers being born, and again he said, "yes." I ask him if he remembers being in the hospital, and he said, "doctors." I ask him who held him first, and he said, "Toni." (A wonderful nurse that spent hours holding Sam when he came off the ventilator in the night). I ask him if he remembers coming home, and he said, "Jay -- Megan." I did not prompt him to say doctors, Toni, Jay--Megan and he has not been conditioned to say this. He answered my questions honestly and even though he's only two and a half years old, he knew what he was talking about.
I know that God was with Sam all the times I couldn't be there and I know that God held onto him and gave him a earthly life ... and I know that Sam knows God. I should know him better too ... he gave me Sam. Sam taught me a lesson tonight. To be more thankful for what I have and to completely hand it all over to God. You'd have to look into Sam's eyes when he answers and you'd have to see him when he hears that song .... you'd know too that he truly knows God. I hope he knows him all of his life!
Step by Step (Michael W. Smith)
Oh God, You are my God
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
Oh God, You are my God
Oh God, You are my God
And I will ever praise You
I will seek You in the morning
And I will learn to walk in Your ways
And Step by step You'll lead me
And I will follow You all of my days
Halleujah!
For you alone are worthy
And forever we will sing
Halleujah!
Halleujah!
Halleujah!
Halleujah!
Be Blessed,
Tan