Sunday, May 13, 2007

50!

I think I'll write this post about me since today I'm officially 50 years old. I've been dreading this day ... I thought it would hit me really hard! Even though I'm only a couple minutes into the day ... I think I'm going to be okay! Nothing happened to me! I'm still the same! I'm just 50 now! That's the big "five-0!" A lot has happened to me in the last 50 years .... mostly all good things! All in all, I've had a very good life. Here's some of the highlights of my life (not necessarily in order):

  • Josh - my oldest child! He was born on March 18, 1981. I was scared to death to become a Mother. But the moment I saw him ... I loved him so much that all the fears went away. It's been 26 years since I gave birth to him and I love him even more than that first moment that I heard him cry. He's a good man and he's a great Daddy to Luke who is almost three years old. Josh drives a semi, a loader, a skidder, and lots of big big equipment. It worries me to death!
  • Juli - my daughter! She was born a year after Josh, June 15, 1982. Juli had the blackest hair and soooo much of it! She is Mommy to Kelcie Jo (www.kelciejo.blogspot.com) who is almost 3 years old. Even though I'm Juli's Mother... she is my very best friend. I am so lucky to have her in my life. Juli works for Toyota night shift and has her nights and days turned around. So does Kelcie!
  • Joey - my son! Joey was born December 11, 2003. He goes to St. Louis Christian College. Two years down and three years to go and he'll be a Minister. All of a sudden Joey matured and I look up to him and admire him greatly. Right now he's a poor college student trying to make his way.
  • Jared - my son! Jared was born January 4, 1985. He just graduated from Oakland City University last Saturday. He's getting married and moving to Memphis in July and hopefully will teach there. He was the baby of the family for 20 years and he became the middle child all in three minutes.

To become the middle child I guess you pretty much figured that there were three kids born after Jared. They just all happened to come at the same time.

  • Meg, Jay & Sam - my triplets! They were born October 17, 2004 when I was 47 years old. I planned to have another baby in my late years .... I just didn't plan to have three of them at one time. I wouldn't trade them for the world, even though it's tough at times. You have to be smarter than them, and that's hard sometimes. They are a team and it's all for one!
  • Von - my husband! Even though he's at the bottom of this list .... he truly is at the top! I love this man (someone has to do it!) He's the best Daddy in the world and he loves me as much as I love him.

I'm a Mother, a Mommy, a Registered Nurse, a small business owner, a photographer, a wife, a daughter, a sister and I believe in God.

Being 50 can't be all that bad .... I've always thought that 50 is halfway, so I guess that means that I'm halfway! 50 down and 50 to go! I can live with that!

Be Blessed,

Tan