Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One Man's Trash ... is Another Man's Treasure!

Jared and Elissa came home yesterday to pack up his room and all his belongings for the move to Memphis. It was so sad for me to watch him pack it all up. Mainly, just knowing that he's really moving ......... it's final, he's going and I'm kind of happy for him! ... and kind of sad for me!

I have my moments when I think I'm really going to miss him. I still have little aches in my heartstrings when I think that he won't be coming in here every night and carrying on with his BS. He gives me a big string of BS... it's kind of his "thing" with me .... kind of a Mom thing. I know he's full of it .. and I know this is his way of saying, "I love you Mom!". He would tell me almost every night that I stink, or that I can't read, then laugh! He would bug me to death or grab me and hug me tight and not let go. It really sucks when your kids grow up bigger than you and are stronger! You're at their mercy!

As I watched Elissa go through his things to pack ... I wanted to do it for him. I wanted to keep everything that meant anything to him and pack it away for forty years or keep it forever. What I really wanted to do was to keep him little a little while longer. But I can't. He's married now, and they're on an adventure! As I watched her throw things away ... I cringed a little! Even over things that had absolutely no meaning. Things that I know were worthless, but lifetime memories for me. I think it's just a phase that Mom's go through.

The funny thing is, is that Jared isn't my first to leave home. He's my fourth child and I know that I'm not having empty nest syndrome because I still have two year triplets at home. But it's kind of like closing one era and opening another .... sort of like the end of the road raising my four older kids. I knew it was coming but was wasn't prepared and I feel like I've been slapped across the face and hurled off of a big cliff. Is that normal? I didn't know that cutting apron strings would hurt so much.

I have to perk myself up somehow .... so instead of being sad .... I've decided that I'm getting a NEW OFFICE! Yay for me! I'm going to have a place to leave out my scrap booking supplies, and all my beading stuff. My treasures will be everywhere! His stuff is gone! When he leaves at noon tomorrow ... I'm calling a painter and giving that old room a face lift. I'm going to decorate it just the way I want it ... and I'm moving in! I think I'll keep a few pictures of the kid hanging around!~ Just in case I need to cry again and just in case I get really lonely at night when everyone else is in bed and I'm missing him!

Be Blessed,
Tan