Thursday, September 6, 2007

Modern Day Woman ... Old Time Man (part two of a true love story)


Want to read the beginning first? Click here

.... they both knew that destiny had intervened, and their lives would forever change. She couldn't help but look back, and so did he. Their eyes met once again, as they turned opposite ways.

A mere two days had gone by, and he was on her mind. She closed her eyes and could see the man in her thoughts, and see the raw feelings in his eyes. She could still feel the light brush of his hand on her arm, as he had handed her his phone number. She held the small piece of paper in her hand and wondered how bold would it be to call him.

It had only been two days, and she was constantly on his mind. He could not concentrate. He could not sleep. He thought about her every moment. He needed to know her. He had already made changes in his life waiting until he knew her better. He would call her tonight. Yes, he would call her tonight. He had peace knowing that he would know this woman.

She could wait no longer. As she dialed the number that he had given her, she suddenly hung up the phone. She took a deep breath and punched in the numbers again. No air passed through her as the phone rang. As he said Hello, she breathed again.

He heard the phone ringing and he knew. He knew that she was calling. This was the beginning ....

Two weeks later their love letters of life began. In an old hardback journal that snapped, he wrote to her first.

She wrote back. Her first letter to him:

(May 3, 2001)

Dear Von,

Plan 'B' huh? I beat you on that one. My plan 'A' worked! As you know, I didn't see you until I was finished putting gas in my car. When I turned around and saw you standing there, the sight of you almost took my breath away. I couldn't talk. I simply closed my phone. All I saw was your eyes. They smiled with kindness.

My mind was telling me to talk. To just keep talking so you wouldn't leave. I talked and talked. All about my car. I answered your every question. When you ask if I was married, I told you that I was almost divorced. You ask why, and I started to cry. I told you that he had memory problems. I then told you that he couldn't remember that he couldn't date when he was married. I could see the relief on your face as you laughed. Then you ask for my phone number. ... and at that moment I knew that I had found you.

Now as I have gotten to know you and grown to love you, everyday is a blessed day, because it's another day that is ours to share. Another day that we may laugh, love and be together. I hope you know how lucky we are to have each other in our lives, how blessed we are to share this life together. I thank God daily for you, for us, for our time together, for your hugs, your kisses, and the feel of my hand in yours as we sometimes fall asleep together.

These words are from my heart and I'll always love you. I cherish our time together. Each day we have to share is a very good day.

Love,
Tan

Spring turned to Summer, then Summer to Fall, and the love they found grew deeper. They continued to write. Their deepest emotions and all the secrets they had for each other poured out onto the paper, in that old journal that became the core of their love for one another.

(September 6, 2001)

Dear Tan,

I want you to know that you are the most beautiful woman, and I love to hear your voice. It's just as beautiful. I am very thankful to have you in my life for now and forever.

I want to tell you how good the food was that you cooked tonight. Before I met you, I had a list in my mind of what I wanted in a wife. I forgot to add that I wanted a good cook, but I got one anyway.

You are all that I dreamed of, and more. To simply say 'I love you' is a understatement. I do not know how to tell you how very much I am in love with you.

Love,
Von

They wrote of their life together, and they wrote of their future.

(October 17, 2001)

Dear Von,

Happy six months (since I met you) anniversary! Every day gets better as we build more memories and our love for one another grows deeper. What more could any two people ask for? We are so full, and our life is so rich.

Six months is so little time, yet so much happiness has come to both of us. You are fulfilling my every dream, and I am so blessed.

Sometimes it is hard to really believe this is real, then I look at you next to me, and again I'm reminded of how loved I am.

Love always,
Tan

He had a habit of leaving the journal out on the bedside table when he had something he wanted her to read. When she awoke, she smiled as she reached for their book. She cried when she read the letter he wrote to her.

(November 20, 2001)

Dear Tan,

I was wondering if maybe you might could marry me today? Let me know as soon as possible.

I love you,
Von

... and that very day, she married him.

Be Blessed,



Click here to read Part Three of this story!