Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Years Eve!

Just a little year in review ....

This little piece of my life, my blog, isn't a year old yet. I started it in March of this year and didn't think anyone would be interested in "Me." I was wrong. I've met some really wonderful people along the way, some that I hope to someday meet. I get more emails from readers, than I do comments, and it's so much fun to peek into their lives. Some have shared stories from their heart and others sorrow, and others just vented. I've shared my soul. My life. My family ... and my heart.


In January the winter was cold here in Indiana. We didn't get the kids out much. Only to daycare and back home. We were so lucky that they didn't get sick much. We truly were blessed in that aspect. We were sinking into the "terrible two's" with triplets. Right smack into the heart of it. Looking back now, I can say ... it wasn't too bad. As I look at pictures through out the year, I smiled at this one. We were over run with toys. They needed them all. As they grow now, we've given a lot away, and the path is wider in our house these days.

February found these little guys a little more interested in television. They love Barney, Backyardigans and Jon and Kate plus Eight ... how funny is that? They love to watch the babies.

February also found these kiddo's forming an intense bond with each other. They started talking, and looking out for each other. Sam was a biter, and still is on occasion. When he'd get in trouble for biting one of them and was put in time-out, Jay and Meg would sit with him and hold his hand. Triple trouble all the way ...

Speaking of babies, February also brought excitement for me. I photographed the birth of a set of quintuplets. It was an awesome experience ... one that I'll never forget. Fifty fingers .... fifty toes, and they're all beautiful and healthy.

March came and the winds blew ... and warmer days were upon us. We ventured out more and more. This picture is probably my all time favorite ever. The kiddo's had two speeds - fast and faster. They were happy and so excited to explore their world. They were no longer babies ...
April of this year was unseasonably warm. They spent most of their days outside and always wanting what was on the other side of the fence.

May brought beautiful weather for beautiful pictures. The grass was green and the kids loved it. They loved to pose for me and let me take their pictures. They would run and stop and yell out "cheese." ....
June was hot this year and I had a hard time keeping clothes on them. It was about this time that Meg truly discovered the color Pink, and from that moment on ... she became a princess.

July brought dog days and independence .... we walked a lot in the evening. We almost wore out the road. Hand in hand they'd walk.
August was fun. They explored their world and made everyday an adventure. I can still hear the giggles and laughter ring when I think back to this day.
September brought Sam's first black eye. A month before they turned three years old, life is getting better. It's a little easier now than when they were younger.
October .... birthday month. It's hard to believe they're three. They are blessings from above! They're potty trained and the cribs are gone. They talk, sing, and know their ABC's and can count to ten.
November brought fall and massive beautiful crisp leaves to play in. They're growing leaps and bounds and everyday is a new day. They love each other.
December .... yes, they love each other. Another year is beginning for these Ordinary Miracles!

Be Blessed Everyone and have a great new year!



Ordinary Miracle

It’s not that usual when everything is beautiful
It’s just another ordinary miracle today
The sky knows when its time to snow
You don’t need to teach a seed to grow
It’s just another ordinary miracle today


Life is like a gift they say
Wrapped up for you everyday
Open up and find a way
To give some of your own


Isn’t it remarkable?
Like every time a raindrop falls
It’s just another ordinary miracle today

Birds in winter have their fling
And always make it home by spring
It’s just another ordinary miracle today


When you wake up everyday
Please don’t throw your dreams away
Hold them close to your heart
Cause we are all a part
Of the ordinary miracle


Ordinary miracle
Do you want to see a miracle?
Its seems so exceptional
Things just work out after all
It’s just another ordinary miracle today


The sun comes up and shines so bright
It disappears again at night
It’s just another ordinary miracle today
It’s just another ordinary miracle today