Monday, May 19, 2008

Good Neighbors

I have really good neighbors! They showed up twice this weekend to clean out and mulch my flower bed. To me, this is probably one of the greatest things they've ever done to help me. I love that flower bed because it was MM's Grandmother's, and my Father-in-law gave me a lot of the plants and flowers that are in there.

When I moved here eight years ago, I didn't have a clue about flower gardens, or plants for that matter. I took it upon myself to revamp the entire thing not knowing it's history. I didn't know that MM's Grandmother had planted most of the flowers in there.

I dug them up. Simply, dug most of them up, then threw the whole pile away and started over. I was so proud of myself for cleaning that mess up. What I didn't know, was that there were beautiful old flowers in there that simply needed weeded. Afterwards, I was sick at what I'd done to that flower garden.

My new Father in-law replaced almost all of the flowers in there. He gave me new starts of almost everything I had destroyed. He had a green thumb, and most likely had gotten his starts from this very garden years before. He was born here, and his Mother had planted those flowers outside the back door, and enjoyed it for many years.

As the last several years have been very busy for us, my flower garden has been grossly neglected. Until this weekend, when my neighbors came and saved it.

My neighbors also happen to be my sister and brother in-law. I don't know what I'd do without them!

Be Blessed Everyone.