Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Fabulous Four

It's been over five years since these four kids (men) were all together at my house.  It seems like just yesterday.

Jake, on the left, comes often, but Mike just returned from Iraq recently and has been gone for over four years.  Of course third in line is Joey ... my son.  He makes it here when he's home from college, and when he can.  Gavin, on the right hasn't been here either in all those years.  He had never met my babies until tonight.  I didn't realize how much I missed them until they showed up here tonight.

Just hugging them almost made me cry.  I didn't want to let them go.  Watching them eat made me laugh.  It was just like the good old days when they were teenagers, and used to come and eat me out of house and home.  Especially Mike.  We didn't even have to be home for Mike to come.  He'd just come to eat.  We had to keep things stocked up for that boy .... because his Mama couldn't cook fast enough for him.  Bless her heart, she made a big boy.  When that boy started growing, he didn't stop.

They came and fished tonight.  Together.   .... just like the good old days.