Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Ride

Night before last .... I loaded up their bikes and took the kids out to the high school for some serious riding.  As I stood back and watched my babies "GO" ... I thought about how much they have grown over the past four years, and I thought about just how lucky I am to have them.
This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life ... raising triplets.  It's not the same as raising stair-steps.  This is incredible because they're all the same age, and they've each got each other's back when they do something wrong.
I also thought about how much I love them and how I always want them to look back and know they are miracles, and they are very blessed to have  us as their parents.  I love that we live way out here ... and life is really here on our farm.  I hope that they want to stay here instead of venturing off someday.  
It would be an understatement to say that I have already chosen each of their homesteads and have already planned their front yard,  .... and of course, all three are right here on our very own road.  Okay, just call me crazy ... but call me in love with my kids. 

Even when the going gets tough and some days it's tougher than others .... the ride is worth it!