Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Another Marlboro Man Tale

Marlboro Man went shopping. Could it be for our anniversary that is coming up next week? I don't think so!

MM doesn't shop often ... only four times a year if he can help it. ... and then he'd pawn it off on his sister if I'd let him, which I don't. I kind of have a attitude that it's the least he can do is to put a little effort four times a year into a present for me. ... and he does. So the man went shopping the other day! But it wasn't for me.

It was for him. ... and that he never does. Unlike me, who can whip up a forty page list in ten seconds flat, with no thought or effort at all. I'm sure he thought of every aspect and angle and reasoned for a long time before he bought what he bought. He labored and justified and considered many other options before coming to the conclusion that he needed it, and it was necessary. He doesn't have many needs in life other than me and the kids. I, on the other hand, have many great needs, and many more wants. Just ask him.

He's a very conservative man. For Pete's sake the man has a Miata in the garage that he drives to town because it gets forty-five miles per gallon. MM is mostly the pick up truck country cowboy type .... and he sometimes drives the Miata, with the top up of course, for practical purposes. Dang, if I could figure out how to legally strap three car seats on the trunk I'd be flying low with that rag top down. But then I'd have to figure out how to shift gears and not jerk the kids out of their seats, and bounce them up and down the interstate. So I'm sticking to the mini van and leaving the convertible to him for his seldom lone trips into town. The man also has a perfectly awesome orange '69 Camaro and a '46 Willy's Jeep in a barn out back. ... and years ago, long before he became a Father, the man used to be a hot rod muscle car drive 'em wreck 'em roll 'em til he blew up the motor kind of guy.

I had to get off track and tell about MM's little bitty two seater convertible because it's a great part of this story. He drove into the city the other day and bought himself a Leaf Blower! .... and he hauled it home in his little convertible with the box sticking out of the window. God, I love that man. I really do.

We have a gi-normous amount of leaves here in the fall ... and he's planning on keeping the front yard cleared of leaves. We built a big picket fence for the kids this Spring and it will fill half up with leaves if we don't do something about it.

He's being practical. I want to play. I can't wait for him to make big piles so the kids and I can play in the leaves, and I can take pictures of them. He bought a necessity and I have a new toy!

Can you just picture him driving down I-164 with a leaf blower that is bigger than the car sticking out the window? Should I tell him that, that is NOT cool? What do you think?

Be Blessed Everyone!