Monday, November 26, 2007

~ The Turkey Fryer ~


Yes, there is a turkey in there! The big turkey that lives here with me decided to cook a little turkey yesterday. See all that steam? That's not steam. It might look like it but trust me, it's not steam! It wasn't that cold outside yesterday. (read on)
Did the big turkey read the instructions? NOoooooo! He already knew all about it. I asked him. My question wasn't even worthy of an answer. I only got a "roll of the eyes" and a "hmmpph." So I quietly stood back and watch the big turkey cook his goose, oops I mean turkey!
We bought this turkey fryer last November on sale and this November the big turkey that lives here put it together and decided it was time to use it.
The kids were so excited to go outside and stand in the garage and watch the turkey get cooked. It was drizzling rain most of the day and they were bored and it seemed like a good thing to do. We stood back and watched the oil boil and bubble and watched the thermometer rise! We watched the turkey cook, and we watched the cook turn the flame wide open to get the temperature up just a little bit more! .... and a little bit more, and again, a little bit more!
You know how it is ..... when you get to be almost fifty-one years old and you bust a gut laughing and you have to bend over and cross your legs when you laugh ..... well, I had to do that.
For when my big turkey of a husband that didn't read the directions lifted his prize turkey from his new cooker, the look on his face was priceless! ..... it was a "burned bird" instead. Remember I said that wasn't steam .... nope it was smoke! That baby was smoking! .... and boiling over in peanut oil.
At that point, me and my camera were ordered off the premises with a finger that pointed "OUT!", and I snorted, snickered and giggled all the way to the house. ... and I have to tell you, I didn't even pee in my pants from all the laughing!
Be Blessed Everyone ... and may you read your directions before you cook your turkey!