Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The FarmHouse Kids - Adventures on the Farm

Exploring the Farm: The boys ran and chased the little rabbit that hopped across the yard. Sam and Jay couldn't run as fast as the Rabbit, and soon it was out of their sight....

These pictures are a part of a story. A story about The FarmHouse Kids, who are triplets, and live on a farm. They'll explore the wonder of farm living, and learn about the different animals that live on their farm. They'll feed a baby cow, and take care of newborn kittens. They will play in a barn in the hay, and swing from a rope. They'll milk a cow and give a mama cat milk for her babies. They'll learn about tractors and combines, and they'll learn about growing food to eat. They'll get a new puppy, and they will ride a pony. A Goat will chase them, and they will run through the pastures, and they'll find a creek and see a fish. Mainly .... they'll have fun learning. .... and so will you. Every day will be a new adventure on the farm, staring The FarmHouse Kids.
Growing Food on the Farm: "Can I eat this?" Jay asked as he pulled a grape from the vine. "Yes," said his Mommy as she helped him pick the purple grapes. "We'll take them in the house and wash them first. Then we'll make a pie." "Can I help you?" Jay said. "Of course you can Jay, we'll make a pie together." Jay and his Mother carried the grapes into the house ....

Growing food on the Farm: "Pick one for me Sammy" Jay said to Sam as they ran up and down the row of grape vines. The purple grapes were ripe and ready to be picked. The grapes were shining in the sun, and the little boys couldn't resist them. They ate the grapes and filled their pockets ....
Animals on the Farm: "There's a Rabbit." Meg said as she began to run towards it. "Can I have it?" she asked her Mommy. "No Megan" her Mother said, "the Bunny needs to be free, but we can follow him and see where he lives." Megan took her Mother's hand and together they followed the Rabbit ....
Harvest on the Farm: "Can I drive the tractor?" Jay asked his Daddy. "You're a little boy Jay, and the tractor is very big. Let's pretend, and you can sit up high in the seat and I'll show you how it works. Then someday, when you're bigger and older, you can drive a tractor too ....
Recently, I was notified that my stories about The FarmHouse Kids - Adventures on the Farm were accepted by a publishing company. The illustrations will be my own pictures, and my very own FarmHouse Kids will be featured.
I'm very excited about this new venture. Although the stories are intended to be educational, they will be humorous and inspirational about a set of triplets that live on a farm. You'll never know what these kids are up to, or what they'll do next.
You'll see actual machines working during harvest, and you'll see the kids in all the pages. They're curious, and they want to help!
At the end of the day ... they'll always go home with their Daddy.
I've been writing stories about The FarmHouse Kids since they were born. Stories that I would whisper to them when I would hold them and rock them, and stories that their Daddy told me about when he was growing up on this farm. I knew I was destined to come to this farm to live my life, and I know I was destined to become the Mother of The FarmHouse Kids. The stories are mainly fiction, with lots of reality in them.
I have no guarantee's yet that my book will be published, and I don't know all the "in's and out's" yet. But for now, it's looking good that I'm headed towards becoming the author of a children's book. I'm praying for just one book, but who knows where it will lead. We'll see. I tend to think big ....
Be Blessed Everyone.