Saturday, March 1, 2008

~ Clean Up ~ Clean Up ~

Last week we had snow and ice .... today it is 45 degrees outside. .... and we have to clean up the trees that are scattered all over our yard from the ice storms that hit us over the last three weeks. Plus, we have to clean up that tree that Marlboro Man cut down, that is still laying right outside the backdoor.
"Hi Dad! .... here we are! You have help now." Don't you love the cow boots? These guys have been cooped up in the house all winter and were just itching to get outside. So of course, I had to oblige ... and opened the door and let them run. Then I shut the door real quick so I didn't have to go out there and pick up sticks.

I'd like to say that the kids single-handed made this brush pile ... but they didn't. But they are going to have a wiener roast here this evening.
One stick at a time .... but they are persistent farm kids, and they worked hard for almost two hours.
I was peeking out the window, feeling all Motherly and in love, and I suddenly saw Sam fall in the mud, and he got really dirty, and they all wanted to come in the house with me, so I jumped up and ran as fast as I could to lock the door, and I pretended that I didn't hear the doorbell .... and Marlboro Man had to watch them a little bit longer.
Then I started to feel a little bit guilty ... but then I got over it real quick. So does that make me a bad Mom or what?
Be Blessed Everyone.