Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jesus and Wal-Mart

Tonight Von read a farming magazine to the boys and I sat on the couch and read a goodnight prayer book to Meg. The same one that we read almost every night. It's her favorite, and she has most of the stories memorized.

Meg gets really animated when she's telling a story and tonight she kept telling me that Jesus was a girl and she (Meg) had to be really good because "she" could see every thing and "she" wouldn't like it.

How do you explain to a three year old, so that they understand, that we believe Jesus is a "he?" This little girl is so firm in what she believes. She kept telling me, "No Mommy, Jesus is a girl ... just like me." With both hands open and stomping her foot in a voice that enunciates every syllable.

How do you keep from laughing when she's just so darn cute when she thinks she's right? By the time I finally gave it up .... Jesus was wearing pony tails, a pink dress and had makeup on and her toes polished. She also had a purse with Tinker Bell on it that she got from Wal-Mart, with a mirror and lipstick in it ... and guess what she had on her feet? Yep, flip flops and they were yellow!

I am still laughing ... because I am picturing Jesus this way and it just ain't right!

Be Blessed Everyone.